Si2 OpenAccess is the world’s most widely used standard API and reference database for IC design.
- Launched DM6, the newest version of OpenAccess. It will help the industry keep pace with cloud migration through multi-threaded and multi-process parallel applications.
- Expanded the OpenAccess ecosystem with Google and Microsoft memberships.
- The oaScript Working Group received the first Si2 Power of Partnership award.
- James Masters of Intel elected chair of the Extensions Steering Group.
- The University Program added three new members: Stanford University, NC State University and Eindhoven University of Technology.
Compact Model Coalition
CMC standardizes SPICE (Simulation Program with Integration Circuit Emphasis) device models.
- Released the Open Model Interface, an Si2 standard, C-language application programming interface that supports SPICE compact model extensions.
- The Gallium Nitride High Electron Mobility Transistor Model Working Group released two standard models, culminating a multi-year effort.
- Members earned exclusive, 18-month early access to models they collectively sponsor through their membership dues.
An advanced-concept incubator that develops and standardizes key technologies for fast industry approval.
- The Si2 Unified Power Model was approved as IEEE 2416-2019, a new Standard for Power Modeling to Enable System-Level Analysis.
- Dr. Rhett Davis, professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at NC State University, joined Si2 as Technical and Educational Advisor.
- Dr. Leigh Anne Clevenger joined the staff as data scientist, bolstering activities in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- OpenStandards participation was made available at no cost to members of the OpenAccess and Compact Model Coalitions.